Health and Support Services
Exmoor Medical Centre
Somerset TA22 9EN
Telephone: 01398 323333
Fax: 01398 324030
Monday to Friday, 8.30am to 6.00pm
Open Monday to Friday 8.30 to 1pm & 2 to 6pm
Prescription Line 01398 324344 Monday 10am-1pm, Thursday between 9-11am.
Note: Prescriptions can be ordered to be delivered to the Oak Stores, Winsford for collection on Wednesdays and Fridays.
Out of Hours Emergency Care
Ask My GP At Exmoor Medical Centre
AskMyGP is an easier way for you to request help from your GP, for yourself, your child or someone you care for online. You will need to create an account online by clicking here and click on the blue box saying “Login in to consult your GP”. You then need to click on “sign up as a new user” and complete the details for registration.
Once registered, you will be able to ask for help online without needing to contact the surgery in person. Simply follow the prompts on screen and your request will come through to the surgery – please do give as much information as you can to help our team with your request. Our clinical team here at the surgery will endeavor to get back to you on the same day or within 48 hours at the latest with advice, a telephone call or an appointment depending on your need.
However if you are unable or don’t wish to use this online service, you can still phone the practice and speak to a Receptionist who will support you with your need.
Exmoor Opticians offer services most Wednesdays at the surgery
Dulverton Dental Practice, 1st Floor Exmoor Medical Centre
For Information and appointments telephone: 01398 323436
*Dental Coronavirus update 23/6*
If you require emergency treatment please telephone the practice and speak to our receptionist. Your safety and that of your family is of paramount importance to us so if you are advised to come in for an appointment you will be asked and advised of the following points:
• You will be asked questions regarding your health and contact with anyone who may have had COVID-19.
• Forms will be sent to you via email which you must complete and send back as soon as possible. These must be completed or you may be seen by. If you do not have access to email please inform the receptionist. You will be asked for your car registration, colour and model.
• There are no toilet facilities currently available at the practice.
• You should arrive 5 minutes early for your appointment time. Call the practice on arrival at the car park and wait inside your car. If you cannot get an answer to your phone call, the dental nurse will look for your car in the car park at your allotted appointment time. Sadly, if you are late for your appointment we will not be able to see or treat you.
• If the appointment is for a child then one accompanying will be able to come with the child to the appointment.
• A dental nurse will take the temperature of everyone that is in the car. If anyone has a temperature of 37.8 then the patient will not be seen and you should follow the advice from the COVID 19 guidelines.
• You must wear a face mask or face covering.
• Leave all handbags and other unnecessary items in the car. Essential items, such as car keys and medications (asthma inhalers, GTN spray) can be brought into the practice. Please make sure these are placed in a clean plastic bag.
• A dental nurse will guide you to the surgery where you will meet your dentist.
• After your appointment, you will be guided out of the practice by a dental nurse.
The Practice is open mid to late June for emergencies. Staff will be in the practice from June 1 during the mornings to answer calls.
I would like to introduce myself as the Village Agent to Exford, Winsford, Hawkridge, Withypool, Exmoor, Cutcombe, Exton, Luxborough, Timberscombe, Wootton Courtenay parishes.
The Village Agent scheme has been set up by The Community Council for Somerset to help people living in rural communities that may have difficulty accessing key services and support groups. My role is to keep you informed of schemes and information that may be of benefit to us all and if anyone has a specific issue that I may be able to gain information for then please contact me. I can help gain information on home safety, social care, health issues, pensions and benefits, housing and lots more.
All advice is free and completely confidential and home visits can be arranged if required.
For more information please contact: Jane Lillis, Village Agent West Somerset
Tel : 07958 415270 e-mail :
If you are blind or visually impaired then Somerset Sight can help you. We are a local charity established in 1920. Based in Taunton we cover the whole of Somerset, providing services and activities, from Braille classes and craft groups to our social afternoons and our volunteer visitor service.
If you or someone you know has been diagnosed with a visual impairment, the people at Somerset Sight are able to provide help and practical advice. Please do not hesitate to get in touch – we are at:-
Northfield House, 51 Staplegrove Rd, Taunton, TA1 1DG
Telephone (01823) 333818
Find out more on Somerset Sight’s website https://www.somersetsight.org.uk/